Tips For Living Victoriously in 2010
by Rev. Tresmaine R. Grimes. PhD
To live victoriously in 2010, we must get in line with God’s will for our lives. If we do not line up with God’s will for us, we will spend our year “beating the air” and accomplishing nothing of value. Every woman’s goal for 2010 should be that she NEVER wastes another second of time on things that are not going to produce ZOE, the God-kind of life.
Please understand that living the God-kind of life does not mean that we will never have challenges to face. In fact, there is much evidence from the Word of God and from the life of Jesus Christ (our example) that Godly living requires tremendous sacrifice. Our will for our lives must never override God’s will for us. Living the God-kind of life requires that we turn away from every lifestyle, choice, thought, and situation that separates us from Him. We’ve got to KNOW God intimately before we can live the God-kind of life!
With that in mind, here are some Victory-Tips for 2010:
- Before making any decisions or commitments for the year, spend time in prayer and the Word asking God HIS will for your life in 2010.
- Write down the vision He gives you for 2010.
- Create a strategic plan to bring the vision to life. Be sure to include short-term and long-term goals and objectives in your strategic plan.
- Find someone you trust or a mentor to give you sound counsel as you move forward with the strategic plan.
- Stay prayerful and listen for new directions from God throughout the process.
- Be willing to make adjustments to the strategic plan as God gives you new or additional instructions.
- Give God the glory as He brings His will for your life to fruition!